A futures contract is a legal agreement to buy or sell a particular commodity asset, or security at a predetermined price at a specified time in the future. Futures contracts are standardized for quality and quantity to facilitate trading on a futures exchange.
Equity index is a statistical indicator of changes in the market value of a certain group of shares or stocks. The Index futures are used by investors and traders for portfolio protection and revenue enhancement as they republicated the performance of an underlying equity market index.
Exchanges that offer equity index contracts
- Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT)
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME)
- Intercontinental Exchange US (ICE US)
- Intercontinental Exchange Europe (ICEU)
- Eurex Exchange (Eurex)
- BURSA Malaysia (BMD)
- Singapore Exchange (SGX)
- Asia Pacific Exchange (APEX)
- Hong Kong Exchange (HKEX)
- Japan Exchange Group (JPX)
- Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX)